Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sweet is the Word

I'm so proud tonight of my (nearly) 6-year-old who sat and actually listened through 4 hours of conference today.  Our tradition is for her to put a bean in a jar for every time she hears a specific word or phrase during conference; she is allowed to decide before each session which words she wants to listen for - like "Jesus" or "gospel" or "service".

Today she caught on that if she chose more words to listen for she would get more beans in her jar.  At the end of the first session she had 96 beans, which she was then allowed to turn in for the same amount of M&M's.  She earned 62 for the second session.

I was amazed and humbled at her excitement each time she heard a key word and at her focus on listening to the words of our wonderful church leaders, even when I thought she wasn't really paying attention.  I'm pretty sure she got more out of conference today than I did as I was wrestling with Logan and dealing with his tantrums.  

Luckily I bought a BIG bag of M&M's and luckily she really can't eat that much chocolate and says, "um, I'm done, can we save the rest for tomorrow?" ha ha ha!

No comments: