Monday, September 10, 2012

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free picture slideshow


We had a lot of fun today.  We cut and pasted, put together puzzles, listened to music and talked about the instruments we heard and how it made us feel, we ate some applesauce and graham crackers, then we tried dancing to different styles of music from around the world (ballet, mexican hat dance, irish jig, etc.) and talked about where those countries are located on a map.  Then we sorted musical instruments into sections and practiced counting and writing numbers and letters.  We decorated drums and then played them.  Then the girls had free time to play and I could crash collapse recover clean up the "classroom" and gather their projects together for them.  

I think the girls had a good time and I hope they learned a little something too.  I know I did! I especially learned a little about what Missy must have had to deal with and it makes me appreciate her even more.  That country song about being "Mr. Mom" comes to mind and, to paraphrase - "Missy, now I know how you feel.  What I don't know is how you do it!"  

No comments: