Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow created with Smilebox


Highlights of August:

Ky's been in Michigan for 4 & 1/2 weeks now.  We're 1/3 of the way through being apart.  It's gone by quickly for the most part.  We have WONDERFUL visiting and home teachers who have been taking care of us.  We also have FANTASTIC friends and neighbors who help me keep the kids busy and give me a break.

The kids and I have had only 1 day that was AWFUL (Logan's molars and eye teeth were coming in at once and then he ended the day by pulling a bowl of scalding water and peas over himself at the dinner table).  But other than that we've been doing alright.

Someone got his step-2 board scores back and got a 698!!! When he came home for the weekend a while ago we celebrated his score by going out to a fancy restaurant and having a very nice dinner and listening to live jazz music.  It was really nice and the kids had fun playing with friends while we were out on our date.

I've been keeping busy while my hubby's been gone.  I watch an 8-month old baby who is so sweet and mellow; the kids LOVE him and I'm so glad for the "work" he gives me.  It makes the time go by so much more quickly.

I've also been busy planning a preschool for Megan with one of my friends.  Her little girl is Meg's age and to save money we've teamed up to teach our girls at home this year.  I'm really excited about it and have been collecting supplies and ideas.  My only hope is that we won't get too tired of hearing, "but at Missy's we..."  I'm afraid we will NEVER live up to the Amazing Missy and all the wonderful things she did for our girls, but we will try to carry on without her (sniff, sniff).

I have such great friends here who have come over to play with me and the kids or have let me stop by on walks to chat for a while.  We now have 9 families in our complex who are in our ward! We've been busy meeting and getting to know all these new neighbors.  Last week Melissa and Trevor took me on a boat ride on the Chicago River with a few other friends.  It was so much fun.  I had a lot of fun enjoying the scenery and getting a night off from the kiddos.  I have some adopted grandparents from our ward to thank for watching the kids that night. 

Ok, so my last bit of exciting news is that I won a grand prize from the Summer Reading program at our library!  We got a gift basket which included a bag of animal crackers, a tube of sunscreen, a stuffed baboon, the movie "We Bought A Zoo", and a one-year family pass to the Brookfield Zoo!!  We are so excited and cannot wait to spend every other day wandering the enclosures and enjoying the animals.


3 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow, I'd go nuts without Tyson around for that long. I'm so glad you have such great friends out there! Congrats to Kyle on his score. You guys look great!

Janean said...

Yay for you for going out and having fun! That boat ride looked awesome! How much school does Kyle have left?

Robinette Family said...

Thanks girls! Kyle has only 8 more weeks "on the road" and only 9 more months of school before residency starts :)