Thursday, August 9, 2012

I had a fun day with Logan on his birthday.  We went to the mall and he and Megan rode the train 3 times! That was definitely an extra special treat for both of them.  Then we went to All-Aboard Diner for pizza and chocolate milk.  However, Logan was too distracted by all the trains running around the place to eat much, even his free cup of birthday ice cream! He had one present to open - a package from Grandma and Grandpa Baird. All the others we opened last week when his daddy was still here to watch him.  

I did not do a party for Logan this year.  I've been really busy and Kyle isn't home, so I just thought going to the diner would be simple and fun for me and the kids.  Well, when we got there and were seated we saw that the Kimberling family from our ward had just walked in and they were being seated right next to us! It was so much fun to have them there for little Jacob's 2nd birthday too.  Angelika and I delivered our boys at the same hospital within a couple hours of each other.  It was such a fun evening.  

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Photo slideshow generated with Smilebox

I can hardly believe my "baby" is a two-year-old.  He is the sweetest little thing with those big blue eyes and long lashes.  I love watching him run around and copy everything his big sister is doing.  He is quite the talker and will use sentences like, "I don't like that" or "I want to color" or "I'm HUNGRY!!" and "I want to EAT NOW!!"  He has slowed down with his eating but is still good at trying new things.  He still loves his crackers.  Right now he loves Elmo (just like his sister did when she was 2) and anything to do with trains or cars or firetrucks.  He also loves any kind of sport with a ball.  He loves to watch "ba-ket-ball" and yell "TUT-DOWN!" (I'm sure he'll get the lingo down by next year).  He loves to say prayers and is my little example.  We have prayed over our food in public at least twice now and at every chance he raises his hand and says, "I want pray, I want say it!" and he does a wonderful job.  He is all rough-and-tumble and get-up-and-go.  He is my Logi-bear, my baby bear, and (as he refers to himself) my little "MAN!" (he screams as he's pounding his chest).  

No comments: