Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Being Crafty

Kyle had 3 weeks off for Christmas.  It was relaxing - he did puzzles, read a book, and we went to or had parties.  In January his rotation has been with a plastic surgeon and I think he's had to work a total of 5 times in the whole month.  He's going a little stir crazy.  He has the whole month of February off for vacation time.  He is not used to all this "sitting-around" and needs things to do to keep him busy and take his mind off the up-coming Match Day (Feb. 11).

The other day he saw a glue-gun holder tutorial I had seen on Pinterest and thought that was something he could make for me.  He took Logan to Home Depot for a little "man-time" and came home with all the supplies, including a saw...because we didn't have one.


It was really fun for me to watch Kyle, (who is usually working hard by studying books or being gone all day), pull out tools and measure and saw wood and paint.  He made me the best glue-gun holder ever.  I'm so glad I'm married to such a handy-man.  I know it's not a big thing...but it was a big deal for me and a great activity for him.  I love it and I love him!!


I'm usually the one keeping busy with crafty projects.  I sewed a craft apron with some friends from church and was very pleased with how it turned out.  It required very little fabric (I had enough to make a second apron - anybody want it?) and didn't take too long to put together.


Of course, I knew when I got it home that Meggers would want one the instant she saw mine, so I scaled down the measurements, made my own pattern, and used scraps from previous projects to make her a cute little apron too.  Then Logan was feeling left out, so I found some plain brown and blue and made him a "shop-apron/tool-belt" (minus the flower and ruffle) that he loves to use to carry his toys.

Don't you love my kids' modeling skills? hahaha... I love how creative and crafty we've been this month.  It is so fun learning new skills and using something useful that "I made myself!"

1 comment:

Liz Ricker said...

Cute, cute, cute! I'm glad you are getting lots of time with your man these days. Maybe we should chat soon?! Miss you guys. Love you