Saturday, October 20, 2012

On Friday, Oct 19, we had a field trip to KidsTown in Wheaton, IL, for our Make-Believe Week. It is an amazing place for kids. There are several rooms with different themes of play such as a work room with power tools and a train table, a sheriff's office with a jail, a fire-station, a princess room, a gingerbread house, a pet-care center with a fish tank, etc. etc. There is also a huge padded jungle gym to climb on and a dance floor where there's music playing for the kids to boogie. There are also lots of comfy chairs for mom's and dad's to sit in and visit while the kids go play. The kids had a lot of fun using their imaginations and playing with all the toys.  

The 19th was also Megan's 5th birthday so I brought some cupcakes to share. However, we were not allowed to sing "happy birthday" because we did not pay to have a party there. We found out if you want to have a party it's about $200...so we had some "un-birthday" cupcakes, which was appropriate anyway because we had read "Alice in Wonderland" on Monday. Other than that silly rule, I really liked KidsTown.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

So, I may be really mean but, I made Meg wait until her daddy came home on Friday night before I'd let her open any of her presents.  Kyle said it would be more mean to him if I let her open everything without him.  She really didn't mind though.  I'm telling on him now, but I asked Kyle to be in charge of taking pictures and videos but forgot my camera was new and he didn't really know how to start and stop the videos.  So, we thought we had taken videos of her opening gifts from her aunties and grandparents...but they didn't get recorded...SORRY!!


On Saturday we had a birthday party with a few of Meg's friends.  We had a princess theme only because I had ordered all the decorations for her birthday last year and then they didn't get used.  I figured she might not be as excited about princesses next year so I sort of forced her into it, but I think she liked it.  We had a 3-hour party, which I guess seemed a little ambitious, but we had a lot of activities for the girls and they all had a lot of fun.  There was never a dull moment.  Kyle and I really enjoyed watching them play and be silly together.  Meg is one spoiled loved girl! She has lots of aunts and grandparents and friends who know just what she likes and what she would enjoy playing with.  Meg has had the best few days since her birthday playing with all her new toys.  



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

Thank you, thank you, thank you! to everyone who remembered our sweet "Meggers" and sent cards, gifts, or texts and phone-calls.  Our hearts are so full to know that she has such wonderful friends and family who love her. It's hard to believe we have a 5-year-old now.  Meg, you are a great light in our lives and bring your family such joy with your sweet heart.  WE LOVE YOU!


1 comment:

Janean said...

Looks like you guys have been having fun!!