Friday, February 19, 2010

It's A Lemon!

At 14 weeks today our baby is about 3 & 1/2" long, about the size of a lemon, but weighs only about 1 & 1/2 oz. Apparently it can make lots of facial expressions and can now pee as its little kidneys are working. We will not know what we are having for another 4 to 6 weeks, but I do have my first ultrasound next week, so pictures are coming! The morning sickness is coming and going. On Tuesday I could hardly get off the couch all day without running to the bathroom, but yesterday I was up and energetic and feeling great...so, who knows what tomorrow will be like? I can't wait for the sick part to be over and for the kicking to begin because then I will know it is all worth it and can get excited. I'm not thrilled about weight-gain again. I have been working hard and have continued to lose weight so far and my hope is to just maintain my weight as much as possible throughout the pregnancy...that is my hope anyway.

Kyle is busy studying for his finals this week, so please keep him in your prayers. We will be very glad when next week is over. Then it is on to a nice spring break and a new quarter which we hope will be a little less stressful for him because he will finally be rid of the dreaded bio-chem. I am proud of how hard he works and I know that it will all pay off. He has secured a position as an anatomy TA (teacher's assistant) and so is excited to be doing more dissecting over the summer. He's especially excited because several of his good friends got anatomy TA positions as well, so they will get to goof off, er, I mean work together...hahaha.

Megan keeps saying she wants a baby sister...though I don't think she understands what that means. She is still the same sweet, loving little thing she has always been and gets smarter every day thanks to a love for books and the tv show "Word World". She surprised me the other day by correctly identifying the letters "T" and "O". I think she'll be a little smarty like her daddy.

2 comments:

Hannah Holt said...

Yay! Congrats, hope everything goes smoothly and that you start feeling better soon!

Millie said...

My daughter LOVES Word World!