Monday, March 11, 2013

Preschool Week 25

Click to play this Smilebox collage
MS/PS: S is for Shamrock Worksheet. Review sight words. Add, Subtract, and Estimate using "gold" coins. CT: D/W/T. Sing St. Patrick's Day songs (see below). Read "The Night Before St. Patrick's Day". S: lucky charms and "gold"fish crackers
WT: Dance and twirl to Irish music and use streamers.

L: Find Ireland on the map. Discuss who St. Patrick really was.

C/A: Cut and color our own leprechaun.

I'm a Little Leprechaun
(Tune of I'm a Little Teapot)

I'm a little leprechaun
(hands on hips)
Dressed in green,
(point to shirt)
The tiniest man
(hold thumb and index finger about an inch apart)
That you have seen.
(point to the other people)
If you ever catch me, so it's told,
(make a motion like you're grabbing at a leprechaun)
I'll give you my big pot of gold.
(make a motion like you're giving something away)

Eensy Weensy Leprechaun
(itsy bitsy spider)

An eenay weeny leprechaun
Came out for St. Patrick's Day
To look for the gold
that was hidden far away
over the rainbow
was where he was told
So, with a wink of his green eye
He ran to get the gold!

No comments: