Friday, October 28, 2011

Party 'Til We Drop!

Halloween came early to the Robinette household with TWO parties on the 28th of October. Sadly, Kyle was scheduled to work the night shift at the hospital in Chicago, so he wasn't able to come with us to the festivities.

This year Meg wanted to be a Monarch Butterfly. At first, I found a monarch butterfly costume at the store for $20, but when we got it home I was really disappointed with it...it wasn't worth the money and didn't look nearly as cute as the picture on the package. So, I decided to get crafty...I bought a pattern, some black and orange fabric, and some adult-size monarch butterfly wings and got busy. I knew I wanted our family to go with a theme, so I made Logan a spider costume out of the left-over black fabric and some glitter paint and I went as a Bug-Catcher. I had a vest with plastic bugs crawling all over my back and my "gear" hanging on the front including an over-sized magnifying glass (thanks Missy!), giant tweezers, and a clear jar for my collections. I made a big butterfly net too! We had a really fun time.

The first party was the Halloween Carnival at Midwestern University. Megan loved playing all the games and collecting candy. The last thing she did was color a great picture of a jack-o-lantern. Logan was really a good sport - he wore the spider costume and sat in his stroller the entire time just people watching. I was a little nervous that some of the costumes would freak him out, but he did great.

After we spent an hour and a half at the carnival we got in the car and headed to the Primary Trunk-or-Treat. It was only 7 pm, but I was exhausted and ready to go home, but there was no way we could miss it. The nice part was they had a bouncy slide in the Primary room and once Meg saw that she stayed in there for an hour (minus the wings)! She did the Trunk-or-Treat and made a haul but would you believe that the only thing she wanted to eat out of all the candy was a bag of goldfish crackers? I was so proud. I talked her into taking a cupcake home and on the way she decided she'd like to eat it, so I let her.

So, now the kids are in bed and I'm alone with a bucket full of Megan's chocolate...hmmm...

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free picture slideshow personalized with Smilebox

1 comment:

Melissa and Trevor said...

Alone with chocolate?!! The perks of being a mom... :-)